This workshop is designed for administrators, principals, leaders and management. Being an effective leader requires you to focus and be flexible, to be creative and to follow policy, to set guidelines and be responsive to your teams. It can feel like a juggling act on a great day and like you are a one person fire crew on the tough days. This workshop will explore the relationship and regulation from the most current trends in leadership and management.
We will explore key topics and challenges in the morning such as:
• How to create a unified approach when there are differences in the core values of our teams (“old school versus new school philosophy”)
• Dealing with increased pressures, such as funding, complex student needs, behavior challenges
• Staff burnout, illness and leave
• Stress and trauma in the workplace
• Health and lifestyle risks in management
• Increasing caregiver involvement in the school community
The afternoon will focus on caring and compassionate team building:
• Building connected teams – a proactive approach (hint: it isn’t from the top down!)
• Simple self care for all school team members
• How to have difficult conversations when things aren’t going well
• Facilitating change for long term success
Kari Lotzien is a passionate speaker and occupational therapist with over 18 years experience working with children, families and school teams. She brings her messages to audiences through stories that take current research and theory and make it relatable. Kari is the founder and owner of To the Stars Occupational Therapy & Wellness Centre. She is committed to creating strong communities through business leadership, international speaking and developing sensory based, trauma informed programs for children and youth.
Request for cancellation or refund must be received in writing (fax/email) at the CARC office a minimum of 3 FULL business days prior to the event start, or registration fees will apply and refunds will not be issued. If you are unable to attend a session and unable to provide three FULL business days’ notice, please feel free to delegate an alternate to attend in your place.
Cancellation notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Registration Deadline:||November 23, 2018|
|Audience:||Administrators, principals, leaders, management|
Session will run from: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM